Oraguard 210 Economy Vinyl Laminate
Vinyl laminate is a clear material that is designed to protect whatever it is layered over. Laminates act as a shield against scratching and fading and add an extra layer of protection to any vinyl project. The laminates are primarily used with printed media such as the patterned vinyl and Inkjet Printable vinyl but are compatible with all vinyl. Simply layer the laminate onto the vinyl and smooth out. Then make your cut. Laminates are compatible with all personal hobby and craft cutters but you will need to account for a thicker media when cutting (a test cut is always recommended). The Economy Laminate comes with a matte finish and the Premium Laminate comes with a Gloss finish. Either can be used indoors or outdoors to offer extra protection to your vinyl project.
- Finish: Matte
- Adhesive: Solvent-Based, Permanent
- Thickness: 2.5 mil
- Minimum Application Temperature: +46F
- Applied Temperature Resistance: -40F to + 176F
- Shelf Life: 2 years (at 68F/50% relative humidity)
- Outdoor Durability: 4+ years
- Water Resistant (hand wash recommended)
- Compatible with all craft cutters such as: Cricut, Silhouette, Xyron, Craft ROBO, Graphtec, Quickutz, Inspirations, Pazzles, etc.
- Available in sizes of 12"x24", 12"x12" and 12"x5 yards
Does what it says review by Nanc on 10/6/2013
The Oraguard is and does what it says. That said, for my use, it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it may be perfect for you. Here's why: doesn't come in a wider width, and it gives a shine to the whole area being covered, meaning that you need to cover the whole product for it not to look odd. Since I was looking to protect a 3'x3' canvas, it would have been unattractive, but if I had been working on a smaller format item, it would have been perfect. Pro: If what it describes is what you want, BUY it!
Will this vinyl work for you? Take a look at our chart and double check!